As well as featuring a carefully designed chassis, the Minikin 3 also sports the all-new GX-200-UTC chipset, asMODus' most advanced board yet. In addition to a potential power output of up to 200W in variable wattage or asMODus' fully programmable wattage curve mode, the GX-200-UTC exhibits the most accurate temperature control suite of any asMODus device yet, with options for Ni200 nickel, titanium, SS316, SS317, and SS304 programmed straight out of the box alongside fully adjustable TCR and TFR functionality. The Minikin 3's user interface is nearly entirely comprised of the crisp, easily read high definition full color touch sensitive display that allows for intuitive interaction through taps and swipes. Just like the Lustro 200W box mod vape, changing operating modes may be performed by swiping the mode icon to the left or right once the screen is unlocked, while accessing the main menu is done by clicking the firing button 5 times. Instead of a fixed color scheme, the Minikin 3 implements an array of 6 different color accents that the user can choose from to match their mod or atomizer. Selecting the preferred color option can be done either through selecting the display option located in the main menu or making use of the optional integrated accelerometer (G-sensor) by sharply flicking the Minikin 3 three times in quick succession to cycle through the accents in a linear fashion. In order to make the user more aware of any error messages, haptic feedback has been implemented in the Minikin 3, with the internal motor giving off a short pulse of vibration whenever the screen displays a low battery, no atomizer, or high resistance warning in addition to any other alert.
While the GX-200-UTC chipset offers a multitude of incremental improvements when compared to previous iterations of the Minikin line of box mods, the most important feature is immediately noticeably upon booting up the Minikin 3 for the first time. After the splash screen disappears, the user will be prompted to input a passcode. Inputting the password is required before the Minikin V3 will continue into standby mode, helping to prevent unauthorized use of the vape by strangers or children. This password can be customized through the password icon located in the main menu.
Just like the more advanced Minikin 3S, the base version of the Minikin 3 is compatible with the proprietary asMODus Wireless Charging Dock (sold separately), allowing for a more convenient method of topping off your Li-ion cells than an external intelligent charger. This ability to charge at will makes the Minikin 3 perfect for anyone who spends a large amount of time working at a desk, gaming, or simply relaxing at home by allowing for the device to be charged intermittently between hits without the need for a cable or removing the batteries. Although the Minikin 3's GX-200-UTC chipset does implement a balance charging feature to make this fashion of charging safe, we still recommend that charging cells that have been drained significantly be done with a dedicated intelligent charger simply due to the fact that they are a faster, more reliable, and overall superior means for charging Li-ion cells.
asMODus' Minikin 3 is the result of nearly a year and a half long design process, with the care, love, and thought put into this device clearly showing. While the rest of the industry have toyed with multiple quickly implemented features that have simply faded away into obscurity, asMODus have taken their time with the Minikin 3 in order to make sure that the impact this device is sure to make will stand the test of time, just as the Minikins before it have.
THE MINIKIN 3's PASSCODE MAY BE DELETED BY SELECTING THE "CHANGE PASSCODE" OPTION IN THE MAIN MENU, LEAVING THE NEW PASSCODE FIELD BLANK, AND CLICKING THE FIRING BUTTON TWICE.
asMODus Minikin 3 200W Box Mod Vape Features
- Advanced GX-200-UTC chipset
- Powered by two (2) high drain 18650 Li-ion cells
- Zinc-alloy body
- Soft touch finish
- Ergonomic form factor
- Power output range (VW or curve mode): 5.0-200.0W
- Power output range (Temp control): 5.0-120.0W
- Atomizer resistance range: 0.1-3.0Ω
- Temperature control range: 212-572°F / 100-300°C
- Fully adjustable TFR and TCR functionality
- TC support for Ni200 nickel, titanium, SS316, SS317, and SS304 heating elements
- Variable wattage mode
- Fully programmable wattage curve mode
- High definition full color touch screen
- 6 display accent colors
- Puff counter
- Haptic feedback accompanies any error message
- Integrated accelerometer used to change display color
- Custom password required to boot up
- Upgradeable firmware support
- Compatible with the asMODus Wireless Charging Dock (sold separately)
- USB Type-C charging and update port
- Reverse polarity, short-circuit, low-voltage, high-voltage, overcharge, overheat, overtime, and ESD electronic protection
- Integrated balance charging
- Hinged bottom loaded battery door
- Spring loaded silver plated 510 pin
- Stainless steel 510 connection
- 1x asMODus Minikin 3 200W box mod
- 1x USB Type C cable
- 1x Battery warning card
- 1x User manual